Queen Katharine Academy has established a well-founded reputation as an excellent Sixth Form centre in Peterborough. This reputation is based on high levels of performance in both academic and vocational subjects, a wide range of courses on offer appropriate to student needs, exceptional student leadership opportunities, high levels of student satisfaction and an outstanding success rate in gaining places at the best universities for a variety of subjects.
It is well known that the teaching and facilities at the Academy are of the highest quality and these combined with our outstanding care, guidance and support enable students to achieve extremely strong examination results. Overall in 2017 (at the predecessor Academy), students achieved a 100% A – E pass rate, well above the national average and 49% of A level and equivalent grades were awarded at A*-B grades.
Queen Katharine Academy is seeking to be at the leading edge of creating opportunities for students. For example, in 2016 – 2017:
- Students took part in the Lessons from Auschwitz project for the 3rd year in a row
- Three of our Scientists took park in one-week residential in Neuroscience, Ecology and Evolution and Environmental Chemistry
- One student represented the school in Israel for the Lessons from Auschwitz project
- The bi-annual Camps International trip is going ahead with a month long expedition to Kenya
- Students undertook Duke of Edinburgh Gold
- Students undertook a one-week residential at leading universities as a pre-cursor to applying with help from our scholarship programme alongside the Sutton Trust and Villiers Park
- Our candidate for the Peterborough Youth MP won the Deputy Youth MP and represents schools across the city
- We took part in and won the Youth Speaks competition through the Rotary Club
The best way to learn about our Sixth Form is to meet our students, who will tell you what it is like to study here. You are very welcome to visit and see Queen Katharine Academy at work.
Meet the Sixth Form Team
Mr D Lewis
Miss S Olson
Miss Y McMenemy