Please view the information below that was sent out Via Intouch on the 7th October.
As you will undoubtedly be aware there are still high rates of Covid-19 in the local area and indeed there has been a significant and rapid rate of increase in cases in recent days. It is anticipated that cases will continue at these levels and potentially rise in the next couple of weeks.
We have therefore been advised by the Local Authority and Public Health England to implement a range of additional measures alongside our existing controls.
Our existing controls include:
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
- Regular asymptomatic LFD testing for all staff and advising people with covid symptoms not to attend but to isolate and take a PCR test
- Self-isolation of positive cases
In addition we will now be implementing the following:
- The reintroduction of face coverings for pupils and staff in communal spaces but not in classrooms.
- All essential visitors to schools including parents must wear face coverings in school buildings.
- All non-essential events will be held virtually.Staff will be required to socially distance from each other within school buildings including in shared spaces such as staff rooms, where possible. Teaching will continue face to face as normal.
- Staff meetings will move to a virtual format.
These measures are being taken to protect all of our students and staff and will be implemented from Friday October 8th. We will continue to review the impact of the measures taken and the infection rates locally and if there are any further changes we will contact you in due course.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation.