Admission into Year 7 for September 2023 should be made using the online application process on the Peterborough City Council (PCC) Admissions website which can be accessed through the following link: https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/residents/schools-and-education/school-admissions/starting-secondary-school-in-year-7/.
Applications should be submitted by 31st October 2022 to be included in the first round of allocations. PCC Admissions Team will notify you of your allocated School on 1st March 2023. Late applications will be processed by the PCC Admissions Team and allocated in further rounds.
If you have received an offer for your child to attend QKA please call the Academy on 01733 383888, or 01733 383874, to accept the place. Please leave a voice message clearly stating your child’s full name and date of birth. Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Applications for students who are already in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 in another school or who are new to the city are co-ordinated by Peterborough City Council and you should complete the Peterborough City Council In-Year application form which can be downloaded here.
The Appeals Process
If you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place at any of your preferred schools, you are entitled to an Independent Appeal against the decision. To find further information regarding the appeals process, and to download the appeal application form, please go to the Peterborough City Council website: www.peterborough.gov.uk/admissions and select School Admissions Appeals.
All Appeals paperwork for Primary and Secondary Schools received after the deadline will be heard within 40 school days of receipt. Please note that this might mean it will be heard in September 2022.
All In-Year Appeals will be heard within 30 school days of receipt.
For further information on the appeals process please contact:
Legal & Democratic Services
Peterborough City Council
Peterborough PE1 1HG
Tel: Tel: 01733 452589
Below you will find the Admission Appeals timetable for the 2022/2023 School Admission round. This information is provided in accordance with paragraph 2.1 and 2.2 of the School Admission Appeals Code, February 2012.
All other in-year appeals will be heard within 30 school days of receipt.
Fair Access Protocol
Peterborough City Council operates a Fair Access Protocol, to which QKA complies, which sets out how, outside the normal admissions round, Schools in the area will admit their fair share of children with challenging behaviour, children excluded from other schools and children who arrive outside the admissions round who may have difficulty securing a school place. In these circumstances, admission authorities such as QKA may, if necessary, admit above their Published Admission Numbers (PAN).
Guidance on FAP Admissions can be found under Policies and Accounts in the Information section of the School website.
Fair Access Protocols exist for those children who cannot obtain a place through normal admissions procedures, as outlined within the In-Year co-ordination arrangements, to ensure that:
- access to education is secured quickly for children who have no school place but for whom a place at a mainstream school or alternative provision is appropriate
- all schools in an area admit their fair share of children with challenging behaviour, including children excluded from other schools
- local authorities and schools work together in partnership to improve behaviour, tackle persistent absence and help support improving behaviour partnerships
- balance is struck between finding a place quickly, when the place might be in an under-subscribed school or one facing challenging circumstances, and finding a school place that is appropriate for the child
- no school, including those with places available, is asked to take a disproportionate number of children who have been excluded from other schools or who have challenging behaviour or who are known to have a history of behavioural problems.