Equality and Diversity Statement
The Equality act (2010) put in place a number of duties for schools to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The protected characteristics are age, gender reassignment, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation and pregnancy or maternity.
This act is applicable to staff and students alike whilst still allowing for a broad and challenging curriculum.
The Equality Act is reflected in:
- The vision, ethos and values of the school, which are included in both staff and student planners.
- All our Policies and Procedures, examples can be found in the school policies section on our website.
- The Respect Agenda, which is displayed around the academy.