Dear Parent/ Carer
Ofqual is seeking views on how an autumn exam series for GCSEs, AS and A levels should run this year, in a consultation that is open until the 9 April.
They are keen to hear from students and parents on their proposals, which include:
- the autumn series being open to any student who entered or who had intended to enter to take exams this summer
- holding AS and A level exams in October and GCSE exams in November/early December
- grades being determined by a student's exam performance only
- students being able to use the better of the summer or autumn grade
- the use of the normal reviews of marking and appeal arrangements
I have attached the consultation document if you are interested in reading it.
If you wish to respond, you can do so through this link and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'respond online'.