Queen Katharine Academy rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
At the end of December, we received our first Ofsted inspection since joining the Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) in January 2017.
We are delighted to share with you that we received a ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement and achieved ‘Good’ in all five categories: Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes, Personal Development, Leadership and Management and Sixth-Form Provision. This is a massive achievement and the first time in the school’s history that we have received a ‘Good’ rating, demonstrating how much progress we have made since joining the Trust.
We are particularly proud of the fact that OFSTED have identified that: “Queen Katharine is more than just a new name for its predecessor school. Leaders, trustees and governors have transformed the school since it opened three years ago. From a low base, results have improved impressively year on year. From their starting points, most pupils make good progress.”
We would not have been able to achieve this without your support and would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has championed us along the way. This result is a credit to your support as well as the hard work and dedication of our staff and governors.
You can read the full report at the bottom of this page, but here are some of my favourite highlights from the report:
- “Queen Katharine Academy is a calm, friendly and welcoming school. Above all, it is an inclusive community, where mutual respect and tolerance are the norm.”
- “Teaching is lively and engaging, and teachers are encouraging and supportive. Staff instil a can-do approach in pupils, raising their aspirations and giving them every opportunity to succeed.”
- “The promotion of pupils’ personal development is a notable strength. The school makes every effort to widen pupils’ horizons with a good range of after-school clubs, trips and activities.”
- “Pupils are accepting of others and see difference as positive because pupils come from diverse backgrounds and many have faced the challenge of settling into an unfamiliar school.”
- “The school has quickly established a large and successful sixth form. Careers advice and guidance are particularly effective in raising aspirations and steering students’ decisions. They develop as confident young adults who are positive role models for younger pupils.”
Thank you once again for your continued support of the academy. We look forward to building on this success and continuing to provide a high quality education for our pupils.