Year 7 September 2020 – QKA Places only
If your child has been offered a school place from the local authority for September start and you have not yet accepted the place at QKA, can you please EMAIL your acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We then can keep you informed and send you updates on QKA Year7 Transition in preparation for their start.
Starting Secondary School Year 7
From 12 September at 9.00am all parents will be able to apply online for their Secondary School places for September 2020. The first round applications closes Thursday 31 October 2019
If you miss this deadline, you will need to apply for a secondary school place as soon as possible.
All parents can visit the Local authority website www.peterborough.gov.uk/admissions
Where they will be able to:-
- access the Secondary Admissions Booklet 2020
- find advice on which schools require a SIF and availability to download them
- access the Parent Portal page where they will be able to log in or create an account if they have not used the system before to apply for their child’s school place
Queen Katharine Academy’s Open Evening is Thursday 26 September 2019 6.00pm – 8.00pm
A copy of Queen Katharine Academy's Admission policy can be accessed below:
The Governing Body of the Academy is responsible for the admission of all pupils.
Pupils will be admitted into the Academy without reference to ability or aptitude. There will be 270 places available in Years 7-11. If the number of applications does not exceed the number of places available, all applicants will be granted a place at the Academy where FAP does not apply.
The admission number for Sixth Form students is 350.
Joining Queen Katharine Academy
Selecting the right school for your child is one of the most crucial decisions you will ever have to make. The right decision will be profoundly rewarding for your child’s future.
Here at Queen Katharine Academy we support you in ensuring that your child feels secure, happy and confident in making the move to secondary school. We have a year group system where students will have a Tutor, who will stay with them right through their secondary career. The relationship that is built is vital as it allows the Tutor to get to know the student and establishes continuity of care. Each year group has a Progress Leader and a Student Support Officer who oversee all students in the year group and monitor and track progress, attitude to learning and attendance.
Some of the opportunities we provide to enable them to be successful throughout their transition are:
- In Preparation Day – for Year 5 students in July get to experience what life is like at QKA
- Open Evening – for Year 5 and 6 students and parents to have a look around the academy and meet our excellent team of teachers
- Parents Evening – in March where parents/carers of Year 6 students can receive and fill in Admission Forms, meet our excellent team of teachers, receive further information and ask any further questions
- Our Transition Team who meet with students and teachers in their primary schools
- Progress Leader Year 7
- Student Support Officer Year 7
- Special Education Needs Co-Ordinator/Child Protection Leads
- In Rehearsal Day – for Year 6 students in July when they visit us, tour the academy, sample lessons and meet their tutors and others in their tutor group
- Some identified students may be invited to attend extra visits in the Summer Term – we will be in touch with you if this affects your child
- In Performance Day – the first day in September where new students have team building workshops to support them in making new friends, meet many of their teachers and feel confident in the building
- In Touch, our online communication tool where letters and other important information is sent home – please ensure you provide an email address on your Application Form to access this and update us with any changes of personal information
- A tutor evening in the Autumn Term to see how your child is settling in with a meeting with their tutor
- A parents evening in the Summer Term to meet your child’s teachers and be able to discuss progress, attitude to learning and a general view about their achievement
In Preparation Days 2019
We welcomed over 400 students to our two In Preparation Days this year from our local primary schools. It was fantastic to see them engaging and enjoying their experience of life at secondary school. They experienced various lessons and learning approaches and were accompanied by our wonderful student leaders from years 7-10.
Open Evening 2019
Thank you to all the students, parents, and carers who came to our Open Evening this year. Thank you for your overwhelmingly positive comments and feedback and for the focused, engaging conversations we had about your child's learning. We look forward to your applications - remember that the deadline is 31st October 2019 for Secondary Admissions to Peterborough County Council.
The OfferPack can be obtained below.